As CryptFolio supports over 2400 different currencies, we have implemented reporting currencies as a way to improve the user experience, by allowing you to define what currencies you're actually interested in.
A reporting currency is a specific currency that you are interested in. Reporting currencies differ from the other 2400+ currencies supported by CryptFolio in the following ways:
- These are the currencies used to generate historical chart data for your portfolio.
- These currencies are displayed in the top ticker area of your portfolio (desktop/mobile only).
- These currencies are used for exchange rate and portfolio value notifications.
- These currencies can be used as parameters for your charts.
- These currencies can be used for defining transaction valuations.
- These currencies will always be displayed in your Balances reports and Inventory reports.
- They will always be requested when calculating active currencies for limited exchange APIs (e.g. Binance, Bitfinex)
Each portfolio must have at least one reporting currency, but each portfolio can be configured with different reporting currencies.
Changing your reporting currencies
To change your reporting currencies, first visit your list of Portfolios.
Here, you can select the button to Edit a specific portfolio.
The list of available reporting currencies is displayed and can be updated in this form.